(last updated 9/04/18)
Please be advised that Horse Sport Ireland have recently updated their Garda Vetting Policy to ensure it is in line with all relevant legislation and best practice in the area of Child Welfare and Safeguarding.
The policy was approved by the Main Board of Horse Sport Ireland on 27th March 2018 for publication.
Below is the revised Garda Vetting Policy and it can also be viewed on the HSI website at this link:
JUDGES ASSESSMENT 2018
The next Judges Assessment will be held on Saturday 24th March 2018 – details of venue to follow. To be assessed, please download and complete the Application for Judges Assessment HERE and return this form (by post or email) to the IPS Office as soon as possible.
JUDGES’ SEMINAR 2018
The 2018 Judges’ Seminar will be held on Sunday 25th March 2018 in the Killashee House Hotel, commencing at 11.30am.
Guest Speaker is Mrs Patricia Pattinson, Chairman, BSPS, speaking about Performance of Working Hunter Ponies, Judges Dilemmas, Social Media & Bullying.
Please note that Judges must attend a Judges’ Seminar at least once every three years. Refreshments will be available at the meeting. Please contact the office on 045 854513 to confirm your attendance.
Please see below some updates on Safeguarding from Horse Sport Ireland:
Horse Sport Ireland have set Safeguarding 1, 2 and 3 course dates for Feb/Mar and Apr 2018. All courses are open to any employee, member and volunteer within the equestrian industry.
ALL courses run from 6.30pm to 9.30pm at the Horse Sport Ireland Offices in Naas at the dates listed below. The cost of the course is €20 per person.
Places can be booked by contacting Ciara Gorman in the Horse Sport Ireland Offices. T: 045 854 524 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safeguarding 11. Monday March 5th 20182. Thursday April 19th 2018
- Safeguarding 21. Thursday February 8th 2018
- Safeguarding 31. Thursday March 22nd 2018Course details are also available on our website at the following link:http://www.horsesportireland.ie/governance/safeguarding-trainingcourses/Our Safeguarding Training Policy is available to view here:http://www.horsesportireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Horse-Sport-Ireland-Safeguarding-Training-Policy-2017-Final.pdf
In addition, please see below details of courses from across Ireland for February and March that may be of interest to members who are not within travelling distance of Naas for the courses. There are also details of First Aid courses within the documents. Simply click on the link for further course information.
Safeguarding 1 Refresher
- Please bear in mind that Safeguarding 1 Courses have to be refreshed every 3 years. There is no need to attended the Face-to Face course, twice, the refresher can be completed online via the Horse Sport Ireland Safeguarding Refresher.
- After completing the online test and when prompted to enter your Sport please select Horse Sport, When prompted for your NGB please select Horse Sport Ireland, county, club and name are personal to applicant so please complete as such.
- The refresher course can be accessed at this link: https://able.ineqe.com/apps/sportireland/coaches/introduction.php
- Full details on our vetting process are available here: http://www.horsesportireland.ie/governance/garda-vetting/
- As and from 29th April 2016, Garda Vetting is a legal requirement. The onus is on each Affiliate to Horse Sport Ireland to identify persons and positions needing vetting and to ensure your organisation is compliant with the legislative requirements.
Note to Judges
When judging lead rein ponies, balancing straps must not be penalised, under any circumstances.
Clive Johnston, Chairman Judges Committee
Judges Claim Forms
Judges, please note that you will be required to complete a Judges Claim Form for mileage and expenses at shows that you judge at this season. Therefore, please remember to take a note of your mileage on the way to the show.
After recent negotiations with our Insurance Company, we are pleased to inform you that the new upper age limit for all our IPS Judges is 80 years.
Record Books – Attendance Slips
If you do not have a record book (attendance slips), please contact the office and one will be forwarded to you immediately.