(last updated 15/10/18)
If anyone is interested in becoming an IPS Judge, please submit your details to the office at email@example.com, as the next Assessment will be held in March 2019. Further details will be posted in due course.
A reminder that Garda Vetting Applications are completed using the new eVetting System, full details on how to acquire Vetting through Horse Sport Ireland are available on our website at this link, please advise persons within your Affiliate to pay particular attention to the eVetting Six Step Process:
Horse Sport Ireland now has the following Safeguarding Training Courses for Safeguarding 1, 2 and 3 coming up:
Thursday 25th October 2018
Monday 5th November 2018
Monday 22nd November 2018
Monday 8th October 2018
Monday 12th November 2018
For booking details, visits our website here: https://www.horsesportireland.ie/governance/safeguarding-trainingcourses/
NB: The Tusla Children First Online course is not acceptable as a valid Safeguarding Course with Horse Sport Ireland or any of our Affiliates, the only certificates accepted are those issued by Sport Ireland or Sport Northern Ireland. Please refer to the Safeguarding Training Policy for more info here: http://www.horsesportireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Horse-Sport-Ireland-Safeguarding-Training-Policy-2017-Final.pdf
Please be advised of the following notice in relation to Garda Vetting Applications through Horse Sport Ireland.
When members of your Affiliate are submitting the eVetting Invitation Form, Part 2 ID Verification – must be signed off prior to submission to the office.
The directions for completing Part 2 ID Verification on the form are as follows:
“This section must be completed in person by a responsible person as listed below. ID shown must total 100 POINTS, please include 1 document from table 1 and 1 document from table 2 and cover; full name, DOB, current address and photo ID.
The following responsible persons may verify applicants’ identification and sign this form:
- Horse Sport Ireland Affiliate Children’s Officer/Club Children’s Officer/Designated Liaison Person/Riding Centre Owner or Manager
- If not a member of a Horse Sport Ireland or its Affiliated Bodies, then a responsible person from this list:
- Garda I Doctor I Solicitor I Lawyer”
A high volume of forms are coming into the office with this section not signed by a relevant person. Horse Sport Ireland stipulate as a requirement under the National Vetting Bureau Act and, as per the directions on the form as extracted above, the ID of each vetting applicant must be signed off by the relevant Affiliate. This is done preferably via National Children’s Officer or Club/Branch/Group/Region Children’s Officers, as above.
Please ensure that, when you are identified as one requiring vetting within your affiliate, they are made aware of the above notice, and that Part 2 of the eVetting Invitation Form is completed prior to submission to Horse Sport Ireland.
BSPS HERITAGE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2018
Any Judges interested in being assessed for the Heritage Panel will be required to travel to the BSPS Heritage Championships, to be held on 13th & 14th October 2018, where they will be required to assess classes with Breed Specialist Judges. A Seminar will also be arranged, also given by leading BSPS Heritage Judges. The following season, you will then be required to carry out 4 probations with a Heritage Judge. To be eligible for the above, your name must be included on the current IPS Judges Panel.
Travel arrangements and accommodation to be paid for and arranged by Probationers themselves.
Please be advised that Horse Sport Ireland have recently updated their Garda Vetting Policy to ensure it is in line with all relevant legislation and best practice in the area of Child Welfare and Safeguarding.
The policy was approved by the Main Board of Horse Sport Ireland on 27th March 2018 for publication.
Below is the revised Garda Vetting Policy and it can also be viewed on the HSI website at this link:
Safeguarding 1 Refresher
- Please bear in mind that Safeguarding 1 Courses have to be refreshed every 3 years. There is no need to attended the Face-to Face course, twice, the refresher can be completed online via the Horse Sport Ireland Safeguarding Refresher.
- After completing the online test and when prompted to enter your Sport please select Horse Sport, When prompted for your NGB please select Horse Sport Ireland, county, club and name are personal to applicant so please complete as such.
- The refresher course can be accessed at this link: https://able.ineqe.com/apps/sportireland/coaches/introduction.php
- Full details on our vetting process are available here: http://www.horsesportireland.ie/governance/garda-vetting/
- As and from 29th April 2016, Garda Vetting is a legal requirement. The onus is on each Affiliate to Horse Sport Ireland to identify persons and positions needing vetting and to ensure your organisation is compliant with the legislative requirements.
Note to Judges
When judging lead rein ponies, balancing straps must not be penalised, under any circumstances.
Clive Johnston, Chairman Judges Committee
Judges Claim Forms
Judges, please note that you will be required to complete a Judges Claim Form for mileage and expenses at shows that you judge at this season. Therefore, please remember to take a note of your mileage on the way to the show.
After recent negotiations with our Insurance Company, we are pleased to inform you that the new upper age limit for all our IPS Judges is 80 years.
Record Books – Attendance Slips
If you do not have a record book (attendance slips), please contact the office and one will be forwarded to you immediately.