(last updated 14/8/18)
Please see below details of Horse Sport Irelands upcoming SAFEGUARDING TRAINING COURSE dates for quarter 4 2018. Full course details and booking details are available on our website at this link:
**All courses run from 6.30pm to 9.30pm at our offices in Naas. Course fee is €20 per person. Pre booking is essential. Those wishing to attend Safeguarding 2 or 3 must have previously attend Safeguarding 1 and hold a valid certificate (Issued within the last 3 years).
Safeguarding 1 Course Dates
· Thursday 27th September 2018
· Thursday 25th October 2018
· Monday 5th November 2018
· Monday 22nd November 2018
Safeguarding 2 Course Date
· Monday 8th October 2018
Safeguarding 3 Courses Date
· Monday 12th November 2018
In addition, I draw your attention to our Safeguarding Training Policy. This policy sets out the accepted Safeguarding Workshops in Ireland and Northern Ireland for Horse Sport Ireland together with any specific requirements for attendance and renewal of certification. Viewable here:
I would also like to remind you that, for those not in a position to attend the relevant Safeguarding Training at our offices in Naas, Safeguarding Training is also available through the Local Sports Partnerships network across Ireland.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Ciara Gorman on
BSPS HERITAGE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2018
Any Judges interested in being assessed for the Heritage Panel will be required to travel to the BSPS Heritage Championships, to be held on 13th & 14th October 2018, where they will be required to assess classes with Breed Specialist Judges. A Seminar will also be arranged, also given by leading BSPS Heritage Judges. The following season, you will then be required to carry out 4 probations with a Heritage Judge. To be eligible for the above, your name must be included on the current IPS Judges Panel.
Travel arrangements and accommodation to be paid for and arranged by Probationers themselves.
Please be advised that Horse Sport Ireland have recently updated their Garda Vetting Policy to ensure it is in line with all relevant legislation and best practice in the area of Child Welfare and Safeguarding.
The policy was approved by the Main Board of Horse Sport Ireland on 27th March 2018 for publication.
Below is the revised Garda Vetting Policy and it can also be viewed on the HSI website at this link:
Safeguarding 1 Refresher
- Please bear in mind that Safeguarding 1 Courses have to be refreshed every 3 years. There is no need to attended the Face-to Face course, twice, the refresher can be completed online via the Horse Sport Ireland Safeguarding Refresher.
- After completing the online test and when prompted to enter your Sport please select Horse Sport, When prompted for your NGB please select Horse Sport Ireland, county, club and name are personal to applicant so please complete as such.
- The refresher course can be accessed at this link: https://able.ineqe.com/apps/sportireland/coaches/introduction.php
- Full details on our vetting process are available here: http://www.horsesportireland.ie/governance/garda-vetting/
- As and from 29th April 2016, Garda Vetting is a legal requirement. The onus is on each Affiliate to Horse Sport Ireland to identify persons and positions needing vetting and to ensure your organisation is compliant with the legislative requirements.
Note to Judges
When judging lead rein ponies, balancing straps must not be penalised, under any circumstances.
Clive Johnston, Chairman Judges Committee
Judges Claim Forms
Judges, please note that you will be required to complete a Judges Claim Form for mileage and expenses at shows that you judge at this season. Therefore, please remember to take a note of your mileage on the way to the show.
After recent negotiations with our Insurance Company, we are pleased to inform you that the new upper age limit for all our IPS Judges is 80 years.
Record Books – Attendance Slips
If you do not have a record book (attendance slips), please contact the office and one will be forwarded to you immediately.