Background to the Programme
In July 2014, the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government adopted the Dormant Accounts Action Plan 2014 under the Dormant Accounts (Amendment) Act 2012. The Action Plan outlined measures under a number of Government Departments, totalling over €19 million to be disbursed from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The Plan included the following two sports measures submitted by the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport:
- Community Sport and Physical Activity Hubs
- National Sport Education and Training Hub
The plan can be viewed here.
The Irish Sports Council have now launched this Volunteer Training Programme and it is open to all Volunteers within Horse Sport Ireland and our Affiliates.
Volunteer Support Programme
As part of the National Sport Education and Training Hub measure, there are a range of approved programmes and projects. One of these is a Volunteer Support Programme. The ISC acknowledges that there is a significant need within National Governing Bodies for volunteer learning and development support. It is recognised that these volunteers operate at all levels, from local clubs up to regional and national level roles within an NGB.
Details of all courses being offered can be found at this link:
- They are being run in regional locations including Dublin, Cork and Sligo.
- There is NO financial cost for attending for volunteers in an NGB.
- Please click on the registration link to the right of the course to confirm your attendance.
- Spaces on each course are LIMITED so if you are interested please register ASAP
For further information, please contact
Vetting Officer and AS
Horse Sport Ireland
1st Floor, Beech House,
Millennium Park, Osberstown,
Naas, Co. Kildare
Tel: 045 854 524